The elstarV room air purifier cleans the air in your rooms.
- Slim and modern design.
- Low power consumption from 60 to 275 watts (depending on the set air performance)
- A stable, consistent air purification performance resulting in lower power consumption than mechanical systems using filter cassettes.
- Easily portable thanks to inbuilt casters
- Active protection against viruses, bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, smoke, nicotine and fine dust - reduced exposure for allergy sufferers
- Molecular filter eliminates odors, ozone and VOCs
- Maximum safety due to proven function on genuine infectious coronaviruses by the ILK in Dresden
- Main filter element can be cleaned and does not have to be replaced as in comparable systems
- UV-C light inactivates viruses and kills germs and bacteria - Safe cleaning
- Cleanable filter cell: remove-clean-insert, thus low follow-up costs
- Plug & Play - no assembly or installation required
- Designed for 24/7 operation
- Intuitive operation via touch panel with child safety locks
- Automatic switch-on with week planner
- Timer function
- Low noise level of 20 to 50 dB(A)
- Service light for active service management
- 24 months parts warranty in advance exchange with 12 months on-site service
- Made in Germany
List of filterable substances
The integrated, ergonomic touch panel is intuitive to operate. The following functions are available:
Switching the filter system on and off
Timer function. Counts down and then switches off
Weekly planner. Setting of freely programmable switch-on and switch-off times as well as air output for each day of the week.
Status display informs you when the filter cell is due to be cleaned, the operating hours of the activated carbon inserts and the operating hours of the UV-C lamps
Child lock with PIN query
Possible sources of error are detected and displayed as an error message; in addition, an acoustic signal sounds.
Technology in Detail
The polluted air is sucked through the air cleaner from the bottom to the top. The pre-separator (1) protects the subsequent filter stages from particles that are too large and ensures uniform air distribution in the system. In the ioniser (3), the aerosol particles to be filtered are electrically charged by means of ion bombardment and separated in the electric field of the collector (4). The UV-C lamps (2) irradiate the collector surfaces throughout and deactivate the viruses, bacteria and germs deposited there. As a by-product of the electrostatic filter cell (3+4), ozone is produced, which additionally destroys viruses, bacteria, germs and odour molecules. After particle separation, the afterfilter (5) ensures uniform air distribution. The EC fan (6) transports the air through the system. As the last filter stage, the air flows through the activated carbon filter (7) which destroys the ozone and also absorbs odours.
Proof of function
In a study with infectious coronaviruses, the Institute for Air Handling and Refrigeration (ILK Dresden) found that the elstarV 1000 N room air filtration system is suitable for inactivating them to a large extent. A considerable germ reduction of up to 99.7% of the viruses in the air was proven.
Here you can view the test report of the ILK-Dresden.
Further information on the Institute for Air Handling and Refrigeration in Dresden can be found here: www.ilkdresden.de
Cleaning and replacing the filter units
When the filter cell needs to be cleaned is shown to you via the touch panel. The filter cell can be cleaned with soapy water at 60° to 90°C or in the dishwasher at min. 60°C. There is no risk of rusting; the filter cell is made entirely of stainless steel. There is no risk of rust; the filter cell is made entirely of stainless steel.
Activated carbon unit:
Depending on the usage, a necessary exchange of the activated charcoal inserts is signalled via the touch panel. Activated carbon mats can be disposed of with commercial waste.
UV-C lamps (2 pieces):
A necessary replacement of the UV-C lamps is indicated via the touch panel after 8000 operating hours. UV-C lamps can be disposed of via the waste electrical and electronic equipment collection point.
- Energy-efficient GreenTech EC technology from ebm-papst ensures energy efficiency.
- only 275 watts at maximum air performance of 1000 m³/h
- adjustable from 200 to 1000 m³/h, adaptable to room size
Where less energy is consumed, lower electricity costs are also incurred. The fan used in the elstarV is adjustable and thus able to react flexibly to actual performance requirements which can have a significant economical impact by reducing wasted consumption through tailored usage levels. GreenTech EC fans operate completely wear-free, are significantly quieter, do not degrade in performance, and also have a considerably longer service life.
Installation and Use
Depending on the size and geometry of the room, the air purifier can be set up in different places in the room.
If the intake openings of the filter system are not covered, the installation location in the room has no influence on the suction capacity of the system. The air flow, however, influences the swirling of the air and thus the supply of aerosol to the filter unit. Air turbulence is therefore desirable.
The elstarV is suitable for rooms up to 80m² with a ceiling height of 2.5m. For such a room, this results in a 5-fold air change. If the room is smaller, the air flow rate can be reduced or the air change rate increased accordingly. For larger rooms, several elstarVs can be distributed throughout the room. The air flow of the discharged, cleaned air towards the ceiling creates a deliberate air movement in the room. This means that there is no direct airflow onto the people in the room. Aerosol nests are set in motion and fed to the extraction area. Thanks to the durable and high-quality components installed, 24-hour operation 7 days a week is possible without any problems.